It has been 1 week since my first post
It may not seem to be much progress but it takes time as a beginner who does not know anything about WordPress and Blogging. I am still working on the design obviously. It is probably a good thing that I do not have any readers yet.
So far I have…
- I have eliminated all of the templates and created my own such as Contact, About and Instagram link.
- I have signed up some affiliates program.
- Click Bank
- Signed up but have not really looked into it
- Signed up and posted a book recommendation with two links as a practice. But I truly hope people will read those books to succeed in their own money goal.
- Google Adsense
- Signed up but can’t figure out how to set it up. This is what I spent most time on this time around.
- Click Bank
- I have (as mentioned above) posted a book recommendation with amazon links.
- I have tried to set up Google Adsense but not successfully.
- I have created Instagram for this blog.
I have installed a plug in called WP Quads in a hope to insert Google Adsense. I seem to not be able to figure out how to “post the AdSense code into your HTML code for your website.” I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I attempted to follow WP Quads instruction and there seemed to be non-working (404 error) links on my HOME page but google emailed me saying that I did not put their code into my HTML. So, this is on my “To-Do-List” but right now I prefer to focus on my blog design.
- Work on my blog design.
- Would like to change color scheme.
- Create social network accounts.
- Try not to be shy and connect with other bloggers.
- I visit other blogs but I am quite shy so I just read and run. I should be leaving them comments and connect with them. They are my true goals and just like anything in this world, Net Working is important. But then…I am shy…ahhh!
- Keep posting contents. After all, this is my blog. This is my hobby. This is my dream. Just keep working on it.
- Work on something called SEO
- I’m still learning!
Just trying to enjoy the process
Although I would like to be making $3000 a month by the end of 2018, this is, after all, my hobby. I am hoping that this blog will give me a chance to learn about blogging in general and eventually I can expand my site(s)to make some money. Right now, I want to simply enjoy the process. Not knowing what I am doing can be frustration sometimes but it’s just part of the process, right?
Hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas. Family holiday is amazing but can be sad, as well. I miss my CC, the pom that passed away this year. But I am thankful to have everyone else here with me. I wonder what my website will be like on next Christmas 2018!